It was a Saturday morning we left from Pune to Mahabaleshwar. The distance between Pune and Mahabaleshwar is 120 km. Mahabaleshwar is a hill station located in a western ghat range. With one of the evergreen forest in India. It’s very common picnic spot for the teenagers along with the family hang out during the weekends .Mahabaleshwar is famous for the strawberry garden.We reached Mahabaleshwar at around 10:30 Am. The best time to visit Mahabaleshwar during the monsoon season.Reaching Mahabaleshwar is quite flexible.
Place to Visit in Mahabaleshwar
- Mapro Garden- Mapro Garden is the very popular garden in Mahabaleshwar. The Mapro is short Form of Mahabaleshwar(MA) Products (PRO).I would highly recommend you to visit this place. Walk to the strawberry farm and treat yourself to fresh strawberry for as long as you like. Mapro also hosts famous strawberry festival during march and April.
- Venna Lake- Venna Lake is one of the major tourist attraction in Mahabaleshwar. This lake is surrounded by tree on all sides. You can enjoy a boat ride over the lake or a horse ride next to the Lake. Boat riding was very peaceful experience and both paddle and row boats are available. There are many street food stalls opposite to lake.
- Elephant Head Point– As a name suggested is a piece of mountain magical resemble the shape of an elephant head . It’s an idle spot for the picnic with fresh air with beautiful scenery around the top of a hill.
- Mahabaleshwar Temple- Temple situated in the old city is a very old temple dedicated to lord shiva.
- Lingmala Waterfalls– It is located at the distance of 6km from Mahabaleshwar. The forest bungalow of lingmala is situated near to this fall. the water of lingmala cascades into the venna lake during the monsoon season. Waterfall is visited by thousand of local folks as well as a tourist every year.Everyone admire the beauty of fall.A true form of natural beauty can be seen here as a falls are surrounded by lush green and vegetation cover.