Wheatgrass sold as a dietary supplement for it is a rich source of many nutrients. Wheatgrass provides many health benefits include weight loss.Wheatgrass is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and selenium. It is also a rich source of protein.Now the question arises that how to grow amazing grass wheatgrass at home.
I buy organic wheatgrass seeds from amazon.com over the Internet and store in a large tub in my kitchen. You can buy Wheatgrass growing kit too. Which is a good option if you want to grow your own wheatgrass. If you decided yo want to grow it regularly then it’s cheaper to buy seeds in bulk.
How to grow fresh wheatgrass in easy steps(how to grow wheatgrass at home)
1-Prepare the seeds for soaking– Before the seeds can be soaked and germinated, they need to be rinsed.
- Take two cups of seeds.
- Rinse the seeds using cool water with very small holder and stained. Drained them well and put into a container.
2-Soak the seeds- Soaking the seeds initiates germination. By the end of the process, the seeds will have sprouted small roots.
- Add about 3 time more water as compared to seeds. Cover the bowl with the lid of plastic wrap and placed it on the counter to soaked for 12 hours.
- Secondly, drain the water from the seeds and replaced with more cold water. Let it soaked for another 12 hours.
- Repeat the process one more time, for the total of 3 long soaked.
- By the end of the last soaked, the seeds have some sprouted root. It means seeds are ready for the plant. Drain them and set them aside until you’re ready to plant them.
- Once the wheat is sprouted, tip it out into the middle of a seed tray filled with potting soil.
3- Spread them out over the surface of the soil.
4- Make sure that soil is not too wet and cover with tray. This keeps out the light and encourages the grass to put down roots use a solid tray at a slight angle to allow some air flow and prevent mold.
5- Place the tray convenient place in your house. Make sure that it’s out of direct sunlight.
6-After 5 days remove the tray and allow the grass to green up.
7-Water the grass if the tray feels light. Probably ones a day.
8-Harvest the grass when it begins to fork. It is more nutritious at this time.