Best time to visit Bangalore to Coorg-
Places to Visit in Coorg
- Abbey fall-Abbey fall is 9 km far from the town of medikeri. A narrow road twisted through the green through the dense foliage of beautiful coffee plantation,stocky coffee bushed and spice estates with tree tangled with pepper vines lead to Abbey Falls. The falls were earlier called Jessi Falls named after the British officer wife.While walking toward the Abbey fall you will be able to hear a gushing water cascading down a rock gorge. You can also stand on hanging bridge built across the gorge that offers the spectacular view of Fall.
- Raja’s Seat- Raja’s seats is a seasonal garden of flowers and artificial fountain and famous for sunset point.It was one of the famous platforms from which the king of Coorg enjoys the glorious sunset. the timing is 5:30 AM to 8 PM and musical fountain starting timing is 7 PM.
- Golden Temple– Namdroling Monastery also known as locally known as “Golden Temple” situated over the small hill settlement called “Bylakuppe”. Temple gets this name because of the golden painting above the monastery. Temple does not look so vast from the outside but ones you enter inside the temple its look very grand and natural, and it is mandatory t maintain silent inside the temple.
- Tadiandamol Peak– It is the highest mountain of Kodagu District and its a third highest peak of Karnataka. One of the most beautiful ,through the less known trek in Karnataka. you will get the beautiful view.
- Chelavara Falls – Finally we went to Chelavara falls. It is natural waterfall formed by the small stream, a tribute of Kaveri Chey yan Dane village which is on Vijay Perth. I went there at monsoon . Fall was in full glory with flora and fauna. Entire place is covered with greenery and fall is so beautiful and its 100 ft deep and water was so clean .
And after finishing, we have done some shopping and leave for Bangalore. I have tried as much as detail is possible. Hope it is useful to plan your journey.
To Know about road trip from Bangalore to Wayanad click here